TQ: you can donate to Wildlife Warriors Worldwide
Tourism Queensland (TQ) reports that a fund has been established in Steve Irwin’s memory, to help continue his conservation work through donations to Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Worldwide Ltd.
Unfortunately, incorrect information is circulating on the Internet detailing ways fans and well wishers can make donations in Steve Irwin’s honour.
Donations can be made by calling 1800 3334 350 (Australia) and +61 7 5436 2026 (International) or through any ANZ bank across Australia – BSB 014 507 and acct no 493555839 and for international donations swiftcode anzbau3m.
The kindness of people wanting to help and their desire to continue Steve’s conservation work has touched Wildlife Warriors. They say Steve was the ultimate Wildlife Warrior and would be humbled by the public’s response to support Wildlife Warriors
Steve was committed to effective wildlife conservation and Wildlife Warriors will continue this legacy through the work they undertake.
What is Wildlife Warriors?
Wildlife Warriors Worldwide Ltd was established in 2002, initially by Steve and Terri Irwin, as a way to include and involve other caring people to support the protection of injured, threatened or endangered wildlife – from the individual animal to an entire species.
Steve and Terri were involved as patrons and significant supporters and advisors, but the charity operates independently of them.
Wildlife Warriors Worldwide’s Objectives
- To protect and enhance the natural environment;
- To provide information and education to the public and raise awareness of wildlife issues;
- To undertake biological research;
- To research, recommend and act in the protection of threatened or endangered species;
- To enter into cooperative arrangements with like-minded organisations.
Wildlife Warrior Programs and Projects (2005)
- Australian Wildlife Hospital;
- Species and Habitat Conservation ( Asia);
- Crocodile Rescue and Research (International;
- Community Education (International);
- Emergency Wildlife Response (including Tsunami project).
Tax Deductions on Donations
In Australia the organisation is listed on the Register of Environmental Organisations.
Donations over $2 are tax deductible.