Vous les hommes.com is a really interesting combination/marketing idea of a French-language blog and a men’s clothing brand ‘Celio’. ‘Bloggeuse’ Sophie Kune reacted when ‘les messieurs’ commented that she was basically ignoring them.
Sophie approached Celio with the idea of using the blog as a marketing tool and now, since 2005, she and Celio have been having fun advising males on how to be trendy and seductive – and selling lots of stuff along the way. The brand Celio exists in 20 countries.
What does the blog DO?
If I ‘get the French’ Celio aims to:
- position itself in the ‘seduction corner’ offering trendy fashion ideas, clothing;
- build a connection and a preference for the Celio on this basis;
- develop a warm relationship with their clients;
- allow women to comment on men and fashion and the whole seduction thing – which IS a two-way street, non? – to bring about change in the male approach to fashion and therefore to Celio.
Celio has this great ‘bio marketing idea’
For 2 months from the end of September to the end of October, they are offering consumers stylish bio products PLUS bio freebies if they buy two polos etc, or if they buy tee shirts with the slogan ‘earth@war’.
A bit more on the ‘bio’ angle
- the fabric is all natural – Indian cotton
- the wrapping/bags are made from organic maize fibres (!!)
- they are encouraging a revolutionary, centuries old Indian/Nepalese laundry technique using the nuts from Sapindus Mukorossi – the soap tree – 5 of which in a cloth bag are placed in the washing machine instead of the usual detergent!! The bag can be used 3-4 times.
- The cloth bag and 20 nuts will be available for 2.50 euros. Someone commenting on the blog has worked out that this is cheaper than a laundromat.
FULL MARKS for originality Celio!