StreetSmart may have started as a small small operation but the network is spreading around the country. Why not help them help the homeless around Australia this November? Adam Robinson has just fired up this year’s campaign. He says that from 8 November:
“Whatever you can do will make a difference, that’s the power of a community campaign and micro donations..
5 WAYS TO FIRE UP 2010
1. Book a table for you and friends at a StreetSmart restaurant, check them out here
2. Christmas party to organise? – remember to book StreetSmart
3. Become a FACEBOOK fan, follow us on TWITTER, encourage others to do the same, get the word out for us, be part of the event!
4. Download our campaign POSTER and put it up around the office or community http://www.streetsmartaustralia.org/resources
5. Add an article about us on your work intranet or your blog or let your mates in the media know.
Thanks for your support – its great to be working with you to effect change.
Homelessness is a worldwide issue. Estimates put the figure at 100 million. Recently floods in Pakistan made 20million people homeless. In the US the financial crisis, unemployment and poverty have seen large increases in homelessness. The following blogs are outstanding projects revealing the real stories of the homeless in the US – take a look
As we hit our busiest time of year we have so many people helping us out. It is impossible to make special mention of everyone – though I wish we could. Here are a few to mention… thanks to Shelle, Mieka, Ruth, Natasha, David, Fral, Vanessa, Belinda and Jules who have all been contacting restaurants across the country encouraging them to join our campaign… all the restaurants and staff who will be running the 2010 event… the City of Sydney, Merrin Foundation, Bluesand Foundation and Ceres Capital for recent support… our Front of House All Stars and the many people who supported our recent dinners… and the peeps at Marmalade, Stellar Concepts, Fauv Design and Ayuda.
I’ll be checking the participating restaurants.