Jim Diers, well known for his book ‘Neighbour Power – Building Community The Seattle Way‘ will be in Australia March 2011.
Ted Smeaton of Inspiring Communities and Asset Based Community Development Global Consulting tells us that while Jim’s calendar is filling up he is still available to present or conduct workshops.
If you’d like Jim to present for you, you can email ted@inspiringcommunities for more information.
Workshop Topics Include:
- Activism and Bureaucrats – Transforming Adversaries into Partners
- Art of Public Safety – Economic Development, Youth Empowerment and Community Building
- Sustainability Begins with Community
- Enhancing Safety by Empowering Communities
- Mapping and Mobilising Community Assets
“Jim Diers was the Pied Piper for the Seattle community movement, which built a national and international reputation for its new approach to planning, giving real meaning to the slogan ‘Power to the People. In describing the potential for this approach to revitalise our cities, his writing is a must-read for citizen activists, urban planners and elected officials.” Paul Schell, former Mayor of Seattle.