The not-for-profit, non-governmental International Association for Community Development (IACD) is the only global network that works towards social justice through community development approaches. It connects people and makes the world a bit smaller. Members think globally and act locally.
Local To Local Connections – Free Seminar
The third seminar run by the Victorian IACD Branchmost was held at RMIT in late May. Three interesting community workers spoke about the successes and challenges in setting up local groups here to connect with and support local groups in developing countries. Local efforts were discussed and contrasted with the work of the larger international organisations. The evening was free and the speakers were:
- Barbara Jackson – Community links with Cambodia
- Lew Hess – ‘The Widow’s Purse’, Bangladesh
- Sophie Miller – East Timor Women Australia
For More Info
You can contact Linette Hawkins Ph: 9925 3051 Email:email@example.com
If You Have Ideas And Enthusiasm To Share..
Joining this special community development network means you become informed and stay informed through e-news and the opportunities for:
- learning and practice exchange
- study visits and other face-to-face learning events
- discounted rates at IACD international conferences
- sharing your work and experiences with a global audience, through the IACD website, e-bulletins
- connecting with others and helping shape the direction of IACD by joining one of their task forces or working groups
Check it out..