Victorians can use the Local Harvest website, winner of a 2012 Green Lifestyle Award website to find local food nearby. You just enter your postcode to find farmers’ markets, farm-gate produce, local food swaps, community gardens, organic retailers… Why should you do this? Check out the short video ‘A Little Local Knowledge’ presented by Arabella Forge – nutritionist, frugavore and Mum, and you’ll soon see why.
- Eat out
- Grow and share
- Buy Direct
- Learn and participate
- Meet the farmer
Five Things You Can Do To Get More Connected To Your Food
How Do You ‘Take The Challenge At Local Harvest’?
Go here for details, then:
- Choose your challenge – Bite-Sized, Meal-Sized or Feast-Sized
- Form a team with your friends or neighbours
- Link up with other people taking the challenge in you locality
- Organise a ‘local pot-luck’ dinner to celebrate the week
- Blog your discoveries and experiences (see 2012 blogs)
Support local growers & reclaim your food choices!